Tuesday, January 2, 2007

On vacation from work

I didn't take vacation time off from work last year so I am very excited that I am off this week from work. Oh yeah, I also had off the two weeks before this one. The main reason I am excited is because I get a chance to think. I think much more than I speak.

In August of 2006 I had planned to take vacation but instead I got a new position. Because of this transistion and given the fact that we were going through a major organizational change and my position was not only new to me, but new to the organization, my responsibilities quickly spiraled out of control. I had no time to think. I didn't have time to think at work, so I didn't have time to think at home. My answer to many questions in life or in general were, "I don't know".

Now that I have this week off, because of course Chrstmas week was crazy, I can now think again. I can figure out the answers to the many questions I didnt know before. I can think forward and figure out my life like I used to do.

No comments: